Thursday, November 10, 2011

Happpy Birthday to Me!!!!

Today is my birthday.
I am 28.
Things change as you get older.
You grow up.
Some things grow out.
And even some things grow down.....ladies.
I have four gray hairs. Maybe one for each of my girls.
I was recently measured, I have already begun the shrinking process.
At this rate by the time I'm 40 I'll need a booster seat to see over the steering wheel.
I have three moles that I didn't have when I was younger.

At this point, birthdays aren't that big of a deal.
Actually the first thing that comes to my mind being 28
is that my oldest daughter will be turning 10.
As I had her when I was all of 18.

Some things that haven't changed about me:
-my freckles
-I still love my hair color
-My big boobs
(even though they aren't were they used to be)
-I'm still funny
-I love photographs and taking them
-my favorite hobby is still scrapbooking
(ten years now)

I'm so thankful to have been born 28 years ago.
I could have been born to anyone.
God placed me in my mother's womb.
He has molded me into the woman I am.


Psalm 139:13-16          
For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.

So Happy Birthday to me.

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! And even though when your older it might not be that big of a deal, YOU are big deal and should be celebrated that way! I so wish I was there to help you celebrate and show you how big this day should be for you! Gray hairs schmay hairs, you look like your my younger sister and with each year you get more beautiful. I cant believe you have a soon to be 10 year old!!! Thats crazy! Your going to have 4 BEAUTIFUL girls carry on your beliefs, morals, and beautiful looks. God really has blessed you and your family and Im so happy to have you for not ony a sister but a best friend not just a best friend..THE best friend!! =) I love you Misti Renee DeGraeve!! I hope you had a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Yes my Two daughters so much LOVE so much gereroustity so much Happiness! Everything is perfect. U know what my name means?
    Now if William could just get william to ........
    ........ And to ....... Well we will keep Praying God knows it is too big of a job raising young adults to mature men.
    Thank you for your Birthday blog Misti. It is always a pleasure!!
    You are always a pleasure!!
    Lovu
    Momma

    ReplyDelete

Tell me you think!