Sunday, August 4, 2013

Antique Dresser Turned Kitchen Island

old island:
This is super old picture, our kitchen table has not
been in there for a few years......
We have very limited counter space so the
island was needed but in the end to small.
Enter antique dresser in desperate need of some love.
Can you see the potential?
I sanded it and took the top off.
Derek added the beadboard to the back to look less dresser-y.
He filled in some spots and fixed a leg.
Then I painted it, distressed it a little, and waxed it.

While at T.J.Max I saw this shelf-liner on clearance for $4.
Matches perfectly :)
Derek added a butcher block counter top.
Cut it to size, sanded it, and added a couple of coats
of wood conditioner/protector.
I put a printed jute rug under it to make sure there
is no sliding.

Almost double the counter space and 
double the drawer storage. 
Much needed and awesome :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me you think!